Backyard Poultry Forum • View topic - CB and PB lines in Silver and Gold Laced Wyandottes bantams

Backyard Poultry Forum

Chickens, waterfowl & all poultry - home of exhibition & backyard poultry in Australia & New Zealand
Login with a social network:
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm 
Hatchling
Hatchling

Good afternoon everyone, I currently breed a number of colours in Wyandotte bantams and breed CB and PB lines in my Partridge and Silver pencilled birds. I have read a lot of information in regarding to line breeding in the laced colours and that the CB and PB lines for Silver Laced are still in Australia but only the PB Gold Laced line is still in Australia.

I have set myself a bit of a task to try and develop both the CB and PB lines in my Silver Laced and Gold Laced birds if possible.

The first thing I am trying to chase down are some quality photos of what the male and female birds should actually look like in the CB and PB lines for both colours.

Secondly I was wanting to know if anyone out there could tell me if I cross one of my CB Partridge cockerels with one of my PB Gold Laced pullets would that start to introduce the CB Gold Laced characteristics into the prodigy that was produced from this cross to start to develop a CB Gold Laced line.

Regards

Simon.